Dental Bonding in Chicago, IL
Cosmetic dentistry offers a range of techniques to transform discolored or otherwise damaged teeth and provide a beautiful smile. Some treatments involve complex or invasive procedures, but dental bonding (composite veneers) is fast and simple.
Dr. Vlad Fedin of Chicago Dental Arts provides high-quality dental bonding in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Fedin has extensive experience in cosmetic dentistry treatments, including the application of composite veneers.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Bonding?
You are likely to be a good candidate for dental bonding if your teeth are healthy, but you have one or more of the following cosmetic dental concerns:
While the surface of teeth can be lightened with professional teeth whitening treatments like Zoom!, intrinsic (deeply discolored) dental staining caused by genetics, medications, illness, or injury can only be treated with dental bonding or veneers.
Small Gaps and Minor Dental Misalignment
Dental bonding can conceal mild orthodontic issues or be used as the finishing touch of a smile makeover after correction with braces or Invisalign®.
Significant damage to the structure of teeth often requires treatment with porcelain crowns for restoration and protection. However, dental bonding can treat surface damage like chips and small cracks.
If the tooth is extremely small, you may need a crown, but Dr. Fedin often uses dental bonding to reshape teeth for a uniformly appealing smile.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bonding?
Dental veneers are the most efficient way to transform your smile from damaged and discolored to sparkling and shiny bright. Dr. Fedin’s Chicago’s dental veneer patients often choose cosmetic bonding for the following reasons:
- Dental bonding can conceal several imperfections on teeth
- Dental bonding offers dramatic results
- Dental bonding can be completed in one visit
- Dental bonding is less expensive than porcelain veneers
- Dental bonding can be added after other dental treatments for a complete smile makeover
Composite and porcelain veneers are often used as part of a smile makeover when combined with these cosmetic dental treatments:
- Invisalign® clear aligners – Clear dental aligners are used to straighten teeth BEFORE receiving composite veneers.
- Professional teeth whitening – Dr. Fedin can whiten your teeth before receiving cosmetic bonding for less than half of your visible teeth to ensure a seamlessly brighter smile.
- Porcelain crowns – Severely worn down, broken, or deeply cracked teeth require a dental crown for correction and are typically placed before composite veneers.
- Dental implants – Dr. Fedin can replace missing teeth with dental implants and crowns prior to dental bonding.
Want to learn more about the benefits composite veneers provide? The team at Chicago Dental can answer your questions. Call us today at (312) 642-6631.
How Does Dental Bonding Work?
Cosmetic bonding to correct structural damage or discoloration involves four basic pain-free steps:
- Tooth preparation – The surface of each tooth is roughened to ensure a strong bond between your teeth and the composite resin used to form your veneers. A bonding gel is also applied to expedite the bonding process.
- Applying the composite resin – Dr. Fedin carefully applies resin to the surface of each tooth being treated and allows it to harden.
- Shaping the tooth – Our dentist will use his artistic ability to shape each tooth until it looks as natural as possible and blends in evenly with your other teeth.
- Finishing – After each tooth is remodeled, a high-intensity light is directed at them to harden the treated teeth and finish the bonding process.
Is There Downtime Associated With Dental Bonding?
Patients generally experience little to no discomfort after receiving up to four composite veneers, while those undergoing dental bonding for eight or more teeth can expect some mild tenderness once the anesthetic wears off.
Over-the-counter medications are recommended but are often not needed.
What Results Can I Expect After Receiving Dental Bonding
Cosmetic dental treatment with composite veneers is the quickest way to improve your smile dramatically and can be combined with other dental procedures.
Expect the following results after Dr. Fedin completes your dental bonding treatment.
- Bright, natural-looking teeth
- Ideally shaped, uniformly even teeth
- Well-structured teeth that are free of flaws
Taking Care of Your Bonded Teeth
Along with regular dental visits, brushing your teeth twice per day and flossing every morning or evening is a crucial part of ensuring the health of your smile.
Reduce your chances of tooth decay and gum disease by spending more time cleaning the gum line to clear any embedded food debris and prevent the build-up of plaque and tartar.
Maintaining good dental bonding results makes your oral hygiene routine even more important.
Looking for Dental Bonding in Chicago, IL?
Dr. Fedin and everyone at Chicago Dental Arts is dedicated to helping your smile look, feel, and function properly with personalized care like cosmetic dental veneers.
Click to see some of Dr. Fedin’s before and after photos.
Learn more about your Chicago, Illinois, dental veneer options by calling (312) 642-6631 today. We look forward to helping you!