High-Quality Dental Implants in Chicago
Thanks to advancements in dental technology and the development of dental implants, you no longer have to settle for tooth replacement methods that only provide a partial solution.
While fixed dental bridges and dentures do a good job of replacing the visible portion of missing teeth, the roots remain absent, which can lead to significant problems.
The following issues are common with these tooth replacement options:
- Difficulty cleaning – Special tools are needed to clear debris between dental bridges and gums, which can be challenging and increase the risk of gum disease.
- Temporary – Dental bridges typically last between five and 10 years and will need to be replaced.
- Alters healthy teeth – To secure a dental bridge, healthy adjacent teeth must be reduced to receive the crowns that hold it in place.
- Bite Instability – Dentures can become loose when eating, talking, smiling, or laughing because they often lack a strong bond.
- Can fall out – The instability of dentures can also cause these restorations to fall out or be lost.
- Jawbone thinning – Tooth roots stimulate the soft tissue and underlying bone to keep the jaw healthy. Missing roots lead to resorption, a process that can slowly destroy the jawbone.
Chicago Dental Arts is equipped with state-of-the-art dental technology, allowing Dr. Fedin to offer painless dental implant placement in Chicago, Illinois — guaranteed!
Through the expert use of sedation dentistry and WaterLase, our team of dental professionals provides treatment that is free from drills, needles, and anxiety.
We also utilize advanced Cone Beam 3D imaging to ensure perfect implant placement. Whether you need to replace a single tooth or an entire arch, our Chicago Dental Arts team can restore your smile at any of our three conveniently located offices — visit us in Chicago, Skokie, or Western Springs/Hinsdale.
Top 5 Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants replace the entire tooth from root to crown and don’t require altering nearby healthy teeth.
The five essential benefits of this comprehensive tooth replacement technique include:
- Dental implants do not decay.
- Dental implants are secure, so they look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement solution.
- Dental implants provide stimulation for the jawbone to keep it healthy.
- Dental implants can be used to replace just one tooth or to provide stability for bridges and dentures.
Dental implants go beyond cosmetic dental restoration and ideal function to maintain a healthy jawbone. Through osseointegration, the implant(s) fuse with the jaw to serve as artificial tooth roots and prevent resorption, which can ultimately cause facial disfigurement.
Can You Benefit From Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the ideal solution if you are missing one or more teeth. However, if several teeth have been missing for an extended time, you may require supportive treatment, including bone grafting, before implants can be placed.
Call Chicago Dental Arts at (312) 642-6631to schedule an in-depth consultation with Dr. Fedin and find out what your Chicago dental implant treatment will involve.
Our Dental Implant Options & Their Benefits
Chicago Dental Arts provides several dental implant options in Chicago, Illinois, all of which come with their own advantages.
- Single tooth replacement with a dental implant — When you replace a single missing tooth with a dental implant, it’s like you never lost a tooth at all because it will look and feel like your own natural tooth.
- Multiple tooth replacement with individual dental implants — When replacing more than one tooth with dental implants, you can be confident that they will function the same as your healthy teeth.
- Full mouth tooth replacement with individual dental implants — When replacing a mouthful of missing teeth with individual implants, you’ve chosen the most complete and natural solution for the permanent restoration of your smile.
- Implant-supported bridges, dentures, and All-on-4® — When you choose dental implants to secure a bridge or denture, you don’t have to worry about replacing your restoration, dentures shifting, or falling out. Our All-on-4® option can secure dentures, often without supportive treatment, even with bone loss.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implant placement involves several steps:
- After evaluating your remaining teeth, gums, and jawbone, our dentist will determine if you need any pretreatment to fortify the jaw, and if you do, this work will be completed first.
- Once the bone is ready, the titanium implant post(s) can be inserted through the gums and into the jaw.
- Over a few weeks or months, the implant will fuse (osseointegrate) with the jawbone to create a strong anchor for the appropriate restoration.
- When fully integrated, an abutment is attached to the implant post to receive your crown, bridge, or denture.
- Finally, the permanent restoration is connected to the abutment, and you’ll have teeth that will stay put and allow you to eat your favorite foods easily.
Is There Downtime Associated Dental Implants?
Your downtime will vary depending on the implant option that’s right for you. Individuals with bone loss may need to receive bone grafting, which will involve some downtime, and the placement of the implants may also involve a short recovery period.
However, because Dr. Fedin uses advanced laser technology, you can expect your downtime to be shorter than with traditional dental implant techniques.
Dr. Fedin will advise you to eat soft foods while the implants integrate with the jawbone.
What Results Can I Expect From Dental Implants?
After completing your dental implant procedures, you can expect a smile that looks natural when talking, smiling, and laughing, along with comfortable stability when chewing.
Enjoy the Unmatched Benefits of Dental Implants in Chicago, IL
Chicago Dental Arts offers the highest level of care for patients receiving dental implants in the Chicago area as well as other comprehensive dental treatments that include:
Call Chicago Dental Arts at (312) 642-6631 to schedule an initial consultation for dental implant placement or our other Chicago dental services. You can view Dr. Fedin’s before and after photos here.