Missing several teeth significantly affects your confidence to smile and laugh freely, not to mention how it impacts your ability to chew food and speak clearly.
At Chicago Dental Arts, our dentist Dr. Vlad Fedin has extensive experience and a high level of skill in placing dental implants.
Multiple individual implants are the best way to replace several missing teeth, and Dr. Fedin can customize your restoration treatment in various ways to meet your specific needs.
Am I a Candidate for Multiple Dental Implants?
Almost anyone can qualify for individual tooth replacement with dental implants. If you are missing two or more teeth due to an injury or extraction but have maintained healthy gums with no detectable bone mass, you may be ready for your implants to be inserted.
However, if you have lost teeth due to severe gum disease, this condition should be remedied before receiving supportive treatment to reinforce the weakened jaw bone. When the gums have healed, and the jawbone is strong enough to receive implants, you will be a good candidate for multiple dental implants.
Other criteria for eligibility include the following:
- You are in good physical health
- You don’t smoke or use nicotine of any kind
- You have time to recover
- You are willing and able to comply with all aftercare instructions
- You intend to implement or continue a healthy oral hygiene practice and attend all recommended dental appointments
Before your dental implant procedure, you must stop using aspirin, NSAIDs, and other medications or supplements that may increase bleeding.
Call (312) 642-6631 to reach Chicago Dental Arts for more dental implant information or to schedule an in-depth consultation with Dr. Fedin.
The Benefits of Multiple Dental Implants Placed by Dr. Fedin
Our Chicago dental office is equipped with ConeBeam 3D Scanning technology to provide crisp, clear, and detailed three-dimensional images of your jaw and dentition. This advanced imaging allows Dr. Fedin to evaluate the condition of your jawbone and develop a strategic implant placement plan.
Dental implants provide more than a beautiful smile and a stable bite, with well-known benefits that include the following:
- Strength and durability to last a lifetime
- Replacement teeth that feel like your own healthy teeth
- A bright, beautiful, natural-looking smile to help you make a great impression
- A strong and stable bite allowing you to eat your favorite foods without anxiety
- No chance of your new teeth falling out or getting lost like partials and dentures
- Restored confidence to speak, smile, laugh, and express yourself genuinely
In addition to these benefits, dental implants offer:
- Artificial tooth roots provide stimulation to keep soft tissue and bone healthy while allowing the chewing surfaces, roots, gums, and jawbone to work symbiotically.
- This symbiotic process prevents jawbone resorption from progressing, which causes a loss of bone mass and density.
- By preventing jawbone resorption, you also maintain the natural structure of your lower facial features and avoid a shrunken, prematurely aged appearance.
How Do Multiple Dental Implants Work?
Dr. Fedin will place temporary crowns while the implant goes through the process of osseointegration (fusing) with the jawbone.
If you have lost bone mass due to resorption, periodontal treatment and bone grafting may be necessary to regenerate gum tissue and prepare the jaw to receive the implants.
Once the implants have completely fused with the jaw, the permanent crowns can be placed over the secured implant post.
Is There Downtime Associated With Multiple Dental Implants?
While receiving dental implants requires surgery, Dr. Fedin uses WaterLase, an advanced laser technology for reduced or pain-free oral surgery and dental treatments.
This approach to implantation reduces the duration and discomfort of your recovery. Dr. Fedin may advise you to eat soft foods for the first few days after the implant posts are placed, but moderate chewing will ultimately help the posts integrate with the jawbone.
Receiving your permanent crowns involves no downtime
Taking Care of Your Dental Implants
You should care for your replacement teeth like your natural smile. Commit to a proper oral hygiene routine by brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing at least once per day.
Be sure to visit Chicago Dental Arts every six months for check-ups and dental cleanings.
What Results Can I Expect After Receiving Multiple Dental Implants?
After fully healing from dental implant placement and receiving your permanent crowns, you can expect to feel like you have natural, healthy teeth that look beautiful, are comfortable, and provide a secure and stable bite.
Dr. Fedin recommends individual multiple dental implants when several teeth are missing because it’s the only way to maintain the symbiotic relationship between teeth, roots, gums, and jaw.
A More Comfortable Chicago Dental Implant Experience
Dr. Vlad Fedin provides a range of dental implant treatments to replace missing teeth, including single dental implants, multiple implants to replace several missing teeth, or a complete set of dental implants to restore an entire smile.
He also offers the innovative All-on-4 implant-supported denture option if this technique better meets your needs.
Check out Dr. Fedin’s before and after photos here.
Call our Chicago, Illinois, cosmetic dental office today at (312) 642-6631 to learn more about what multiple dental implants can do for you.